Theater workshop in ‘devising’ for professionals and amateurs.
January and beginning of February 2016 (Wed mornings)
Language: German and English
Prerequisite for the workshop: Ready to have fun experimenting with the voice, body, music and short texts.
CONTENT: Devising describes the process by which a topic is developed into scenes for contemporary theater presentation. The workshop will include:
• Warm-up exercises for body and voice, and interactive games.
• ‘Viewpoints’, a movement-techniques originally developed by Mary Overlie, adapted for stage acting by Anne Bogart and Tina Landau. ‘Viewpoints’ help to improvise and choreograph movement. I have developed the technique to work with voices.
• Improvisation and the development of unconventional short-scenes.
• Exploration of the ‘downsides of our work-centered society’. Participant experiences, collected photos, text material, films, etc., will serve as starting points for the thematic work.
• Use of playful staging
• The staging and choreography of the resulting improvisations
WHEN: every Wednesday during week 1 through 7, 2016
9.15 am. – 11.15 am.
January 6 / 13 / 20 / 27, February 3 / 10 / 17
LOCATION: Sprützehüüsli (Sprühü) near Männedorf trainstation (stop S7)
Adress: Alte Landstrasse 215
LEADER: Matthias Werder, Director, Männedorf
FEE: for all 7 workshops: 245.-
Students and professionals from the fields of theater, dance, music and movement: 190.-
Pay to: Theater REAKTIV Postkonto CH 0000 0061 4308 273 1909
REGISTRATION: firstname.lastname@example.org with first name, surname, date of birth, postal address, e-mail, mobile phone
Space is limited
BRING: Training clothes, indoor or ballet-shoes
QUESTIONS: I am happy to answer your questions by phone or by email